Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: I'm Going to Toronto

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Never fear. I'm scheduled to visit a friend in Jacksonville and one in Orlando this December. Plus I have standing invite to stay at another friend's brother's condo in Clearwater, so that may be in the cards, too.

    That trip will have less to do with Florida than it does with visiting good friends.

    <font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ March 30, 2005 02:11 PM: Message edited by: craig. ]</font>

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gae:
    Reason, you really don't need a passport for Canada. It just makes it easier.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm tagging along to meet up with a friend after his P&G biz trip. I'll drive up and stay for a few days.

    His Canadian counterparts said the passport was necessary. Not so much to get into Canada...but to get into the United States. So I'll have it handy.

    Did you know that Yonge Street is the longest in the world? It ends somewhere around the Minnesota state line.

    <font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ March 31, 2005 08:52 AM: Message edited by: craig. ]</font>

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LanDroid:
    Be sure to visit Yonge Street. I haven't been there in a long time, but it used to involve quite a few MILES of bar after bar, one kind of music after another, peppered here and there with totally nude strip clubs (and gay bars as I found out by accident [img]redface.gif[/img] )...

    They have lots of ethnic neighborhoods where the languages change, etc. Even the street signs in the Greek area use the Greek alphabet. And the rapid transit train system will make ya wonder why Cincinnati didn't finish the subway system 50 years ago - step lively!

    Also, as I recall, you can shop in department stores at midnight in the middle of the week if you so desire, they don't roll up the sidewalks at 8 like so many other places.

    Hope it's still as clean and litter-free as I remember...

    <font color="#FFFFAA"><font size="1">[ March 30, 2005 06:53 PM: Message edited by: LanDroid ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One of my best friend's wife is from Toronto, and her parents still live there. From long distance she'll be my tour guide. Got her number on my cell phone contact list.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member LanDroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,026
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, while Googling how to spell "Yonge Street", I found this link proving it is not nearly the longest street in the world. You might want to inform your Kanuckian friends. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Scroll down a lil bit:
    http://www.boldts.net/Tor7.shtml

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by LanDroid:
    Heh, while Googling how to spell "Yonge Street", I found this link proving it is not nearly the longest street in the world. You might want to inform your Kanuckian friends. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Scroll down a lil bit:
    http://www.boldts.net/Tor7.shtml
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got my information from some official looking Toronto web site that looked to be sponsored by the tourism board.

    Those fucking lying bastards. You can't trust those Canadians. Those decadent, lying Canadians.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    4,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Coincidentally, I was up late last night watching a Simpsons episode where the family took a trip to Toronto.

    Getting off the bus, Marge exclaims how clean and bland it is - just the way she likes it!

    While there, Bart made it on the Canadian Olympic basketball team - because he was able to hit the ball off the backboard.

    There were other funny shots at the Canadians, and I look forward to seeing if they are true when I visit the country where people forgot to show up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •